Thursday, November 1, 2012

Walmart Wednesday 15: Glow Sticks

Sorry this is posted so late.

I didn't get to Walmart this week. We spent way to much money in St. John's on the way home, so I'm trying to behave myself by not shopping at all this week.

A month or two ago I cleaned out the glow stick section at Walmart.



I wanted to do one of those glow stick baths with the baby that I'm constantly seeing on Pinterest and Play at Home Mom.




When I tried this my daughter was in a crabby mood, and she kept putting the glow sticks in her mouth, and flinging herself backwards when I would take them away.

So I put them to use with another Pinterest inspired idea.



Glowing eye Halloween decorations.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the results.





I guess I needed to put them closer together.

One Pinspiration I'm pretty happy with was my baby's pumpkin.



We carved her handprints and foot prints to make the Jack-o-lantern face


a la this pin here:




Did Pinterest factor into your Halloween this year?

Next year I want to have a party, and use up all the ideas I've been collecting.



For your viewing pleasure, here is a gratuitous Halloween picture of my lobster pup, Kirby!

Happy Halloween!



1 comment:

Janet said...

Love your Walmart Wednesday post. Especially the photo of Ellie and her pumpkin and Kirby with the lobster eyes!!!