Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Quilt Obsession

I had to take my sewing machine to get fixed this week, and not having it near me has made me antsy to get sewing again.

I'm learning through a home ec. class I'm taking online. You can check it out here.

So far, I haven't made much, but I'm excited to attempt quilting when the whole course is over.

I am a little obsessed with pictures of quilts this week. I'm sure my followers on Pinterest all hate the influx of them to their feeds.

Why the sudden interest?

I am enraptured by a quilt's tactile, colorful storytelling. I find myself thinking less in words lately and more in shapes and colors. It might have to do with the time I've spent art journaling this year, or the time I spend surrounded by all of my daughter's bright, geometric toys. It is a strange shift.

I want to invite you to check out my quilt board on Pinterest.

Here are a few gorgeous ones I've pinned lately.





Source: flickr.com via Jayme on Pinterest


No comments: