Thursday, August 2, 2012

Word Geek Out 4


I can't remember which book I'm reading had this word in it, but I wrote it down because I loved it.


Anyone who has been reading my blog since I started back in 2008 knows that I have often fallen into a state of torpor, but I'm happy to report I am no longer there! 
I wanted to share with you my current crazy reading list, as well as a book that will definitely keep any DIYers from torpor.

That book is called Home from the Hardware StoreTransform Everyday Materials into Fabulous Home Furnishings by Kathleen Hacket and Steven Antonson.






I loved this book because it is filled with simple projects made out of unexpected things like ductwork and shelving brackets! I have the kindle edition and I was surprised by how clear the formatting and photographs were. I highly recommend it.


Here are some of the other books on my summer reading list. I tend to skip around from book to book, but I'm currently reading:
1. Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth Cline
I am a huge Michael Pollan fan, and from what I understand this book is to fashion, what In Defense of Food is to processed food.
2. All of Lucy Maud Montgomery's books in the order in which she published them. This is inspired by my recent trip to Prince Edward Island and learning that the Anne series was not written in chronological order, that my favorite in the series Rilla of Ingleside has a new edition with an additional thirteen pages in it, and that she had written an additional book for the series called The Blythes are Quoted that was published in 2010. 
3. The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Living Guide by Francine Jay
I'm fighting my inner hoarder every day. This book will hopefully help me win the battle against too much stuff.
4. Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Defecit Disorder by Richard  Louv
Because I really want my baby to feel a connection to nature and her place in our eco-system.
5. A Movable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
I finished reading The Paris Wife by Paula McLean and it left me hungry for more information about Hadley Hemingway, the first wife of Ernest Hemingway. This is the book in which he finally writes about her.

What is on your summer reading list?

I'm linking this book list up to one of my favorite blogs: Centsational Girl. Check her out here!

No comments: