Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Book Club



I forgot to write about our last book club meeting. We held it on Sunday, and our host did a wonderful job of cooking for us and compiling questions about our fun book Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris. It was a great little book to read over winter break. Some of the funniest moments in the book had to do with the deep-rooted, ugly reasons why we over do it with the "spirit of giving" business.

I'll include one of my favorite stories being read by Sedaris below. It's called "Six to Eight Black Men" and it never fails to make me laugh. Sorry in advance about the choppy Youtube videos.









Our next book is one of my favorites from high school, Love in the Time of Cholera. I haven't read it since I was 18, and I'm a little nervous about how it will go over with everyone. Was it really as wonderful as I remember? I hope so. It should be fun rereading it. I read it right before meeting my fiance, and it is so hard sometimes for me to remember who I was before he came into my life six years ago.

No comments: